Monday, September 12, 2005,6:29 AM
Love Can Wait
Love can wait.
Really, it can.


“All the time” He said.

“What do you mean, all the time?” I asked.

“All the time, as in ALL THE FREAKING TIME… since the day I saw you naked until now.” Seven said.

“That’s disgusting…”

***
Oh how that sentence launched us both into a hug discussion. This is the way we have communicated through the years. It was always a discussion about something. When I met him at 16, it was discussion about God and Christianity. When we were both in universities, it was a discussion on maths, knowledge, language and logic. I think we both thrived on discussing different things.

But we have never talked about nude. Or naked. Or about sex until the other night when I asked him for his opinion on this rather sensitive issue.

All our previous 2 years worth of conversation revolved around his church activities and my clubbing weekends. As far as both of us are concerned, despite our differences these days, we were both trying to live a Godly life as much as possible. I admit that he is doing far better in this respect.

Well the Bible did say that one should save oneself for marriage. I admit that I can’t bridge the gap with the fact that I no longer believe that one should wait until marriage. This will be an interesting topic of conversation when I meet God finally.

***
Years ago when I was 21 and Seven a year older, we got back together. He returned from the UK and I was studying in KL during the weekends then. I checked into a nice hotel (don’t understand why I did not rent a room – duh!) and there was where all the nakedness took place.

We spent many Saturday nights drinking around Bangsar and returned to the hotel at wee hours of Sunday morning. We washed up, lazily walked to the bed, stripped and slept with our hands intertwined.

On Sunday mornings, we rose and took a bath together. We sat in the bathtub for hours at a time, talking. Were we ever tempted to make love? Honestly, yes. I did feel tempted. Now I know he did feel the same. But the Bible said we cannot and we did not.

Our love was never consummated, out of respect for each other and love for God. I have only experienced this twice: once with Seven and the other with Adidas Boy. I guess it is true, what the older generation said: Love can wait. Really, it can.
 
posted by Otto
Permalink ¤